Monday, March 17, 2014

Its been awhile folks!



Recap of my food adventures - and Youtube channeling 

I have been busy exploring the world of Youtube. I have quite a few favourite Youtube channels that I follow and absolutely adore, especially cooking ones! 

So I thought I would give it a try and have a channel on book reviews because I love to read ♥  It has been a very positive journey so far and I do want to thank everyone that was so super supportive! I also see a difference in having a Youtube channel versus a Blog, I find that the blogging community is generally friendlier then the Youtube community - just my observations from reading comments on Youtube channels and on Blogs. 

Anywho... everyone's a critic - can't let them stop you! Just keep on swimming folks ♥ 


This is a recipe from Gordon Ramsay's cookbook A Healthy Appetite. I hope everyone enjoys watching it because I had a lot of fun filming and directing it (even though I didn't do any of the cooking - but believe me framing the shots and coordinating with the "chef" was quite difficult but fun!) 

We didn't follow the exact recipe because we were limited to what we could buy in terms of the ingredients, but it definitely turned out delicious and looked pretty close to the book cover!

This is the EXACT recipe from Gordon Ramsay's cookbook A Healthy Appetite. 

Serves 6
  • 2 2/3lb (1.2kg) Prime beef filet in one piece
  • sea salt and black pepper
  •  2 tbsp olive oil
  • few handfuls of wild arugula leaves
Tomato tarragon dressing
  • about 6 ripe plum tomatoes
  • 5 tbsp ketchup - Gordon Ramsay has his own home made ketchup that he used
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard
  • few dashes of tabasco sauce
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 shallots peeled and minced
  • large handful each of tarragon and Italian parsley chopped
To make the dressing
  • cut each tomato in half and squeeze out the seeds
  • mince the flesh and place in large bowl add the rest of the ingredients except the herbs and mix well
  • season with salt and pepper to taste cover and let it chill for 20 minutes or until ready to serve
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C) and preheat the roasting pan
  • Salt and pepper all over the beef filet
  • heat a nonstick skillet with olive oil and when its hot add the beef and sear for 1 to 2minutes on each side until evenly browned all over
  • lightly oil the hot roasting pan and transfer the beef to the pan
  • roast for 25 minutes - 30 minutes for medium rare beef
When ready to serve, mix the chopped herbs into the dressing serve it on the side with the arugula.


Food Galore 




My absolute favourite place for lunch in downtown @ Kita no Donburi

Old school Hong Kong Style Cafe in Chinatown

Photastic - somewhere on Seymour Street Vancouver

Korean BBQ at Robson & Jervis - - - Kimchi Hotpot at Bubble World in Richmond BC


Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment