Sunday, September 28, 2014

Gyoza Bar + Ramen



Gyoza Bar + Ramen


Sunday Birthday lunch at Gyoza Bar was some what successful. We were a party of 10 and they were very accommodating and was able to sit us very quickly once our whole party has arrived.

I was super excited for this restaurant to open because its close to my office and it's something different for the area. I personally try not to go to restaurants that are newly open because the front of house and kitchen needs a few practice rounds before they get it together. So with Gyoza Bar being opened for about a month or so, I was still a little iffy on their quality of food and service.

I ordered their Signature Ramen which had a tomato-saffron seafood broth topped with shellfish, shrimp and scallops - the vegetables in the ramen was kale and broccolini which I thought was genius and very tasty in the rich broth. I particularly liked this tomato-based broth, my only complaint is that it's a touch oily (I have tried other tomato-based broths at different ramen places and I don't remember it being too oily) I personally think that the food at Gyoza Bar was on par, everything tasted as it should.

I love the decor of the place and the open concept of their kitchen (I love all the hipsters that work in the kitchen). In terms of service, you can tell that they are still working out the kinks. The servers are attentive, but I guess when it comes to serving a larger party its easy to miss and mix up an order. I think Gyoza Bar probably needs another month or so before they are able to provide the level of service that you would expect at their sister restaurants.

Maybe I will make another visit for dinner and see how they have improved.

Keep eating folks!



Gyoza Bar + Ramen on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment