Monday, April 29, 2013

Munchin' around Vancouver


Just a quick update on where we've been eating!

Between school and work E and I have been chowing down at a few restaurants in the last couple of weeks. I would love to cook dinner at home more often but I find that once I'm home I just want to watch the Food Network and eat ice cream all night. Who has time to cook anyways?

Oyster – Seafood & Raw Bar
475 Howe St  Vancouver (604) 899-0323
Oyster on Urbanspoon

This little raw bar is located in the old stock exchange building on Pender and Howe. Tiny little place. A bunch of us tried out their happy hour “a buck-a-shuck” oyster specials. We had their Summer Breeze and Royal Miyagi oysters. It's a nice cozy little place if you just want to grab a quick snack and a glass of wine after work. But if your looking to sit down longer and have a bigger dinner I would suggest Rodney's in Yaletown, because I enjoy the people that work there and the atmosphere is livelier.

Tangent Cafe
2095 Commercial Dr  Vancouver, BC (604) 558-4641
Tangent Cafe on Urbanspoon

Beef Rengdeng, Roti Canai with a chicken curry sauce, the Vancouver Smoked Meat Sandwich served with Pickles and Tangent's special mustard and a plate of Truffle Fries. The service was great, our server was very accommodating  but we weren't a big fan of the Beef Rengdeng. Would we go back? Maybe, if we were craving truffle fries.

Hapa Izakaya
909 W Cordova St Vancouver BC (604) 420-4272
Hapa Izakaya on Urbanspoon

I always find myself at one of the four Hapa’s whenever there’s a birthday and everyone just wants drinks and tapas. I always have a good time at Hapa Izakaya, but I can never document my entire meal because by the time I take one picture of a dish 2 other dishes have already been gobbled up by someone. So this is what I documented during B’s birthday. There were 15 of us and we easily had 40-plus dishes of tapas. Tuna Carpaccio, Sockeye Salmon and Scallop Tartare.

The Naam
2724 W 4th Ave  Vancouver (604) 738-7151
Naam on Urbanspoon

Milano Quesadillas – sundried tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos and cheese on grilled whole wheat tortillas. The Naam Burger Plater – served with sesame fries, miso gravy and a salad. The Naam is a quaint little Vegetarian restaurant that’s open 24/7! I quite like this place, can’t wait to try their breakfast!

Enjoy, because we sure did.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you went to some fancy restaruanntss!! :) I really want to try out the Namm, I heard quite a bit about it.

    I've gone to two pho restaurnts so far for my challenge haha. Lotus in Richmond and Au Petit Cafe in East Van. They both tasted good! I don't think I've had a bad pho yet haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi =)

      Wow I cant wait to read the more of your Pho posts! I actually do really like Au Petit Cafe its one of my favourite hang outs for a good bowl of Pho and submarine sandwiches =)

      Delete
  2. YUMMMS! everything looks so nommy! i loveeeeeeee love raw oysters!! so nommy! and the truffle fries look divine love anything covered in truffle oil haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just about lunch time here in Edmonton. Needless to say I have to run off and find food to eat now after reading this! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete