Monday, March 12, 2012

Fisherman's Wharf


One of my fondest memories as a child was visiting the Fisherman's Wharf at Steveston in Richmond with my parents on the weekend. I remember walking through the docks and peering over boats and seeing fresh fish and shrimp flipping around. It was so exciting. But that was all very early in the day.

This time, I went with B a bit later - closer towards the evening. It was a bit quieter but the views were still just as stunning as I remembered and the calmness was all a bit more relaxing. There were a ton of boats gently rocking by the docks but only one seller remaining: Fresh Coho Salmon. A lot of the smaller stores were closed, but a few gift shops were open, as well as coffee shops. Even though it was a bit chilly and windy, there were still a few people strolling around.


After finding out that Pajo's was closed, we grabbed a light dinner at The Crab King, and was pleasantly surprised at how delicious everything was. When dinner was over, the sun was just starting to set, and despite the freezing wind we walked a bit more along the piers. During our walk, I spied a few places I want to come to to try, including a cupcake shop!

Ah, 'til we meet again in the summer, Fisherman Wharf!

No comments:

Post a Comment