Friday, August 9, 2013

Adesso Bistro



I need a cool name for my Monday dinner group. Basically what we do is we pick a restaurant to go to every Monday - at least we try to have dinner together every Monday, and so far it's been pretty successful. Anyways, last two Mondays ago we went to Adesso Bistro, which is a little Italian restaurant tucked away in a neighbourhood in the West End. I read about Adesso Bistro on B's food blog - nnom.wordpress.com and I liked the fact that it was in the middle of a neighbourhood, which means the patio space outside would be nice and quiet and away from any type of traffic. We also got lucky with parking, usually that isn't the case when it comes to parking in downtown! We started the night off with two appetizers. Since it was our first time at Adesso Bistro, our server kindly recommended the Pizza ai Funghi - truffle fonduta, roasted mushroom, fontina cheese and truffle oil. 

I am glad she recommended the pizza because it was delicious! I had to fight Q for the last slice (kidding, he was kind enough to let me have it). We also munched on a platter of hand crafted cured meats and sott'olio vegetables (pickled vegetables) while we waited for our entrees. For the entrees Q ordered the Tagliatelle Nere which is pasta with slow cooked squid, baby tomatoes and garlic. B had the Linguini alle Vongole - pasta with white wine, garlic, chili and clams. I had the Filetto di Maiale which is the pork tenderloin served with carrots and asparagus. I really liked both the pastas that Q and B ordered, it was simple and delicious. My pork tenderloin was okay, a little bit on the dry and tough side but the carrots and asparagus were nice and crisp and still had a good crunch to them. 

As for dessert I had their daily sorbets, the flavours were raspberry and basil and surprisingly the basil sorbet was delicious! I have never had basil sorbet before and I loved it. Q had the Limone - lemon and pistacchio semifreddo with raspberry pate and fresh berries and B ordered their tiramisu. The sorbets were probably my favourite just because the basil sorbet was so refreshing and unique! I think Q and B could both agree with me that it was a very enjoyable dinner we had at Adesso Bistro. The prices were fair and the atmosphere was great and the food was pretty amazing. I am definitely taking T here for dinner next time.


Bye for now.


Adesso Bistro on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment