Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lily Mae's


Brunchin' at Lily Mae's in Gastown.


I love Sunday Brunch Days, especially in stormy weather like today. 

My friend A, is a closet foodie and wanted to try Lily Mae's which is a little rustic restaurant tucked away in the heart of Gastown. There's also a pretty cool story behind Lily Mae's, it's owned by a couple that have been living in Gastown for many years and the restaurant is named after one of the owner's mother who's a fantastic baker and a very stylish lady. You can read more about the restaurant's history on their website - www.lilymaes.ca. 

Finding parking in Gastown is another story worth its own blog entry, but maybe later... Anyways, we arrived at Lily Mae's around 11:30 am and the place was already quite busy. Good thing we didn't have to wait too long for a table, and I must say it was worth the wait! I love how they decorated the dining area with brick walls, vintage mirrors and fresh flowers on each table. 

I felt like I was having brunch in my grandmother's kitchen. The place had a very homey feel to it and our server was very welcoming. We each ordered something different from their brunch menu. I had the Smoked Salmon Benedict, L had the Sunny Day Benedict which was made with crab instead of smoked salmon. C ordered the daily Frittata Feature and A having a bit of a sweet-tooth ordered the Cardamon and Orange French Toast. 

The Benedicts were really tasty L and I both had it with the salad which had fresh berries and a sweet berry vinaigrette. A's French toast was yummy, but just a little bit too heavy for me in the morning. I didn't try C's frittata because I just met him and I didn't want him to think I was odd for sticking my fork in his food (hehe) anyways, I'm sure his frittata was pretty good since he was the first one to clean his plate. Overall I think we all had a really enjoyable brunch at Lily Mae's and for sure A and I will be back to try their dinner menu. - P.S. dear G, I hope you decided to go to Lily Mae's for brunch too today! (tad bit disappointed that I forgot my camera... was in such a hurry this morning!)


rain, rain go away, come again another day.

bye for now 


Lily Mae's Comfort Café on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment